Friday, May 4, 2012

My first I-MAX Experience (Imported from Multiply)


After two years of anxiously and patiently waiting, finally! The Avengers has made its way on the big screen. Few years back, I really have no interest on watching any type of movie but Marvel Studio's Iron Man has enlightened me; it has captivated my attention and made me feel like there's something special about watching movies. 

Movies will literally take you to a whole different dimension and it will give you various kind of emotions for at least 1-2 hours of watching. Sometimes movies can be disappointing but it may also give you satisfaction like no other depending on your perspective about its story-telling.

With that being said, two years ago, our original plan was to watch The Avengers in a 3D movie theater but months prior to its release, me and my girlfriend have decided to watch it on I-Max at SM Mall of Asia but for some reason, the management of SM Cinema have not included The Avengers on its schedule line-up for MOA so instead, we made our reservation at SM North EDSA because it's the only establishment that offers I-MAX aside from SM MOA within the Metro Manila vicinity.

When we arrived at the lobby of I-MAX Theatre, we really had no idea where to claim our tickets that we purchased online so I asked the manager (presumably) about my concern and he gracefully instructed me the proper way of claiming our online tickets.

After minutes of waiting, we finally made our way inside. When we saw the movie screen, we were like "'to na ba 'yon?" The I-MAX screen is huge but it is not three or five times bigger compare to an ordinary movie screen as stated by others.

But come on! The moment you wear your 3D-glasses, it's on! Everything that you see on the screen will literally go straight to your eyes. If it is your first time seeing a 3D movie in I-MAX, it will take you a couple of seconds or probably minutes to absorb the moment.

So if you have a couple of extra money to spend on, I truly suggest, you go and watch a movie on I-MAX. It's definitely worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment